Every software, application or even the whole OS needs an update to work fast and efficient. However, most of the software has an auto-update mechanism, which is good but it teases you as well. Especially when you are using that application and all of a sudden it closes because of the update. So it is better to close the auto-updates so you can manually update it whenever you want to. Moreover, to save your data, you have to turn off the automatic updates, so nothing will update when you have limited data. While using Kodi, you must have gone through this problem. Cause Kodi also has an auto-update mechanism for all the add-ons. And if you are tired of this, we have this guide prepared to Disable Auto-Update in Kodi, regardless of the version you are running.
Without further ado, let’s continue to Disable Auto-Update in Kodi.If you are interested in other Kodi Add-ons, we have a whole section for them. Open it, explore and locate your desired addon within no time at all.
Disable Auto-Update in Kodi:
- Open Kodi and Navigate to Settings.
- Then scroll down to Add-ons.
- Tap the Arrow on the right side of the screen.
- That’ll pull out the side menu.
- That is where you’ll see Auto-Update and you’ll see that it is turned On.
- Either change it to Off or to Notify.
- If you changed it to Off, it will never update.
- Change it to Notify and if there is an update available, you’ll get a notification then you can update it manually.