Kodi is one of the most popular open source media streaming application that millions across the globe use. Keeping in view the huge demand and popularity, Kodi updates the streaming application on regular basis. This very thing has kept the Kodi on the lead in the everyday growing market. However, at times due to restriction, not all users can benefit from it. For instance, take Amazon, that has recently updated Fire TV Stick and has blocked the way for users to install Kodi on it. If you are one of such users, don’t fret. Though Amazon has updated the Fire TV Stick, there is another way to install Kodi 17.3 Krypton On Fire TV Stick.
Installing Kodi is simple, all you need is the third-party application and an Amazon account. And yes, you can use the free trial version of account as well for this method to work. What we will do here is that by using the Amazon account we will get the Downloader application and Install Kodi 17.3 Krypton on updated Fire TV Stick. If you are concerned about the security, use VPN with Kodi. It has been recommended as the solution to throttling and lagging issues as well. Here’re the instructions, follow then carefully and installing Kodi will be as simple as a walk in the park.
Also, See – Install Kodi Exodus How To
Install Kodi 17.3 Krypton on Updated Fire TV Stick
Before we jump to the instructions, let’s talk about the Fire TV Stick. It is basically a device that turns any TV into a smart TV just by inserting it into the HDMI port. It’s portable and can be used to access applications like Kodi. However, due to Amazon’s last update, users couldn’t install Kodi on it. All is not lost, you can still install Kodi on updated Fire TV Stick.
- On your Amazon Fire TV Stick, go to Settings > Device.
- Here select Developer Options.
- Under developer options, enable USB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Now navigate back to Home screen and click on the Search tab.
- In the search box, type “Downloader” without quotes.
- Downloader app will turn up as soon as you click the search. Click on Get to initiate the installation.
- Once the installation completes, click on Open.
- A pop-up message will come up with the list of features, Click on Ok to surpass.
- Now in the Downloader app, type the following URL.
- Click on the Download button below the search bar. This will initiate the download process of Kodi.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click on Open in the browser and then on OK.
- Kodi website will turn up, scroll down and select Android.
- All the available versions of Kodi will come up, click on ARMV7A (32Bit) to download the latest, Kodi 17.3 Krypton version.
- Once the download is complete, click on Install.
- Wait for few minutes and when the installation completes, click on Open.
- Now comes the Addons, which are necessary to install if you are into movies.
- At the moment, Exodus is the most popular.
How to install Exodus on Kodi 17.3 krypton
- Navigate to Settings > File Manager.
- Here click on Add source and then on None.
- Type the following URL into the search bar and name it Fusion.
- Now head back to the main menu and click on Add-ons.
- From the options select, Package Installer icon on the top left the corner.
- Now click on Install from Zip File.
- Select Fusion then Kodi-repos and English.
- Click on repository.esodux-1.0.1.zip. This will download and install the repository.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions and click on Video add-ons.
- Select Exodus and then click on install.
- That’s it.